You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

richardk

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 1:52pm

Problems replacing timer unit after lightening strike

Replaced a Hunter unit with an Orbit timer with the exact same number of valves, white common wire and two leads for the rain censor due to a nearby ground lightening strike.

First problem: I have a well and pump for irrigation system at my home. Unless I turn off the breaker in the house the pump stays on. It doesn't have an exterior reset or on off switch. (Only a disconnect pull, which I checked and looks like it did not get damaged)

Second: My system does not use a pump start relay device, there is only the station control box hooked up in the garage.

So, if the old timer had ten stations and the white common wire....and all I did was basiclly just swap it out, why isn't it working properly?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 6:56pm

Do you even know whether or not you still have continuity in all your system wiring?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 8:55pm

It sounds like you took a step in the wrong direction on irrigation controller choices, but times are tough out there.

Was there a wire that went to a pump or MV from your old bundle of wires?

Was there any rainsensor wires that you may not be considering?

Good Luck!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

richardk

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 8:52am

Problems replacing timer unit after lightening strike

No, there were no other wires from the pump in the bundle. can you comment on the pump not shutting off?

I have a well and pump for irrigation system at my home. Unless I turn off the breaker in the house the pump stays on. It doesn't have an exterior reset or on off switch. Doesn't it need a signal from the timer to go on?

Rate this thread