You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 7:57pm

Rain Bird Sprinkler Controller ESP 6SI

Hello,

i was wondering if you could help me with my controller the ESP-6Si. I program it but once the program is to be ran ot goes back to "PR-OFF" mode...there are no bad fuses, and i have power to the controller...

thanks

mrfixit

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 8:44pm

Could be valve number 1 has a bad solenoid.
Could be a short in the wiring.
Try disconnecting the wire from the number 1 terminal and run the controller. If it doesn't show pwr-off then the timer's ok. Here's a simple way to determine if it's the wiring or the solenoid. With the number 1 wire hooked back up to the controller.
Disconnect the wires from the solenoid on valve 1 and run the controller again. If you get the PR-OFF message again the problem is crossed wires somewhere. If not change the solenoid.

If you find neither one of those things work then reset the controller.

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 9:15pm

Try disconnecting the wire from the number 1 terminal and run the controller. If it doesn't show pwr-off then the timer's ok. Here's a simple way to determine if it's the wiring or the solenoid. With the number 1 wire hooked back up to the controller.
Disconnect the wires from the solenoid on valve 1 and run the controller again. If you get the PR-OFF message again the problem is crossed wires somewhere. If not change the solenoid.

ok, thanks, i removed the controller from the wall and hooked to the power by itself and it ran just fine...i think is one of the valves like you said...i will work on it tomorrow, thanks a lot for your help...

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 7:30am

ok, thanks, i removed the controller from the wall and hooked to the power by itself and it ran just fine...i think is one of the valves like you said...i will work on it tomorrow, thanks a lot for your help...
ok ... thanks,

i connected the timer controller back to the wires, but tried it one at the time at the wall, and all of them seem to throw the timer to PR OFF, when i get home from work i will try to disconnect the wires at the solenoid section...

thanks for your help 8)

mrfixit

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 2:50pm

If every valve is doing it I doubt it's the solenoids. The ground wire is touching the hot wires somehow. That's unusual for it to be touching every hot wire. Perhaps someone had hooked them together at the valves. Done any repairs on the wiring lately?

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 3:52pm

If every valve is doing it I doubt it's the solenoids. The ground wire is touching the hot wires somehow. That's unusual for it to be touching every hot wire. Perhaps someone had hooked them together at the valves. Done any repairs on the wiring lately?

i really appreciate all the help you guys are providing. No i haven't done any repairs, we have not ran the system since last season, i will check on the outside part of it for loose wires or mis-connected wires.

mrfixit

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 7:51pm

I have an idea. If you have a master valve with a bad solenoid then it would blow on every station. I don't usually think of that right off the bat. We don't have master valves where I live. I've seen one installed ever.