You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JC

Unregistered

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 8:04pm

LEAK

how do i pressure test a system. i can get to the pipe going into the system via a pcv connection but don't know where to get a connection that will let me put air into the system of a gague to hook up. :cursing:

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 1:25pm

RE: LEAK

but don't know where to get a connection that will let me put air into the system of a gague to hook up. :cursing:
It might help to find out why you are pressure testing the system. Is this code for your area?

Are you looking for a place to purchase a connection point that will allow you to add air to your system? What type of pipe did you run? PVC is not rated and is dangerous for air pressure.

If it's what I think that you are asking, you could add a tee that has a FIP thread, either add a nipple and a hose bibb and place a pressure guage on that, or add a bushing to the FIP thread and put the pressure guage into that.

If you are looking for an existing leak in the pipe, then I would just add water. It's less dangerous and you should find the leak soon enough. With air if you are looking for a leak, it only tell you that you do have a leak, not where it is.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester