You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

poncho25

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 4:21pm

One zone has Very low water pressure

I have a 6 zone system, checking the zones this past week i noticed zone 5 the heads (4) have very very low water pressure, I checked for any breaks and didn't see any. All the other zones work perfectly, any idea what to do to get this resolved? I am a novice so please if you do have suggestions figure I don't know anything about anything but enough to get in trouble! :) Appreciate anyones help here. Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 5:29pm

What's the water pressure? You need to be able to get the numbers for this zone, and for your other zones, and for when the system is off.

poncho25

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 7:24am

How do i go about getting the water pressure? I don't have any equipment to test that. if its a bad valve can I take that zone and connect it to a working zone on the controls to see?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 8:10am

The easy answer is no. Not for low pressure. If the zone did not respond at all, you may get some information from that test. You either have a leak, bad valve(solenoid or diaphragm), too much water flow through the valve and piping due to poor maintenance or design.

Good Luck

:thumbsup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

poncho25

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 12:42pm

If the valve is bad, wouldn't other zones not work? The system has been working fine for over 5 years and now this, and I did double check fora leak and there is none. I did put a valve pressure regulator on the system last year due to having to much pressure, but doesn't make sense that only one zone would be this much effected by that.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 1:27pm

The simple answer again is no.
The zones are tied together with one water source and backflow device, but other than that each zone, station, or valve should be completely independent. That independence is the entire concept of a zone, station, or valve. The zones are made up of irrigation control valves.
I hope this is helping you understand. This is a very common repair that needs to be made.
If there were a problem with all of your zones having low pressure you may conclude that your water source had a problem or you backflow device may have a problem or there may be a leak in the main line.
:thumbsup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 7:16pm

I have 2 cents worth of info. Well in todays economy maybe 1 cent. I agree with Todd. If you're positive you don't have a break in the line somewhere it's going to be the valve. In my 1 cent worth of experience it's usually the diaphragm. Try turning on the valve with the bleeder screw. If the sprinklers come on full blast then replace the diaphragm or valve adapter depending on the model.

----

Me again. If the sprinklers remain the same by opening up the bleeder screw I suspect you have a break. Look again. Let it run a long time. Also make sure the flow control isn't turned down too far.

Poncho25

Unregistered

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 2:42pm

1st off thanks so much for all the input I do apprecite you taking the time to explain these things to me to try to help meout :)

Now all i need to do is find out where the Valve is and what it looks like, and where the Diaphragm is and what that looks like :) If im on target would that be where I put the device to lower the water pressure? can we post pictures on these forms cause I can take a picture and we can go from there?

mrfixit

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 6:26pm

Go to www.tinypic.com. Upload pic. Cut n paste forum code.