You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 2:00pm

Very good to hear that. I'll have the new heads in a week and see if a 6 AM run works.

Thanks again.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 6:57am

6 AM flow was not better. So if the new heads do not work I will add a zone.

BTW, is 4 AM a typical start time?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 9:18am

I'm not sure about "typical"... I just used 4am because I figured you don't even have to worry about all the people up taking showers already.

However, one of the other reasons to water early in the morning is so the sun will soon dry the grass to avoid disease. If you were to always water your grass just after sun-down, it would stay wet for very long periods of time encouraging the growth of various lawn diseases. But on the flip side, you don't want to water in the middle of the day because more of your water will get lost to evaporation.

So by default, early morning (starting somewhere between 4 and 6 am depending upon local sunrise and jogger-rise) is the best time for everyone to water the grass.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 10:43am

Ok, I like 5 AM so I can check it before I go to work. Thanks once again.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 2:54pm

I'm adding another zone. By next weekend this neverending project will be done.