You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 9th 2011, 11:26am

When it rains, it pours..

I'm hoping someone, a bit more savy, can give me some guidance on how to address the issues I'm having with my sprinkler system. I woke up Saturday morning to water pounding on my front door. Check things out, it appeared that one of the pipes to the system housing that works my front yard, had cracked. Water everywhere.. wonderful way to start the day. I called someone immediately, he came out.. diagnosed the problem immediately. Apparently I did not have a pressure regulator to regulate the water pressure received from the street, which was entirely too much water pressure for the system to handle. So, he fixes this issue.. many many dollars later. I think that all is good, and wait for the sprinklers to run later. Now, none of my backyard sprinklers are working. No water at all. The heads will 'pop-up' and immediately close again. Even the hose hook-up, has no water coming to it. No idea where to begin to check. It seems unlikely that these two situations are un-related. Where can I start on my end to avoid calling the high-priced mr.fix it, back to my house?

mrfixit

Monday, May 9th 2011, 12:11pm

LOL Hey I'm not that expensive!

It sounds like the guy forgot to turn the water back on to the backyard. Look for a valve near where the water enters the house or near where he did the repair.

Monday, May 9th 2011, 12:38pm

I did look for a separate valve. He had turned the water off directly from the street. I do not see a separate valve in the back yard. I'm so lost : (

Will check again though. Thanks for the advice!

Rate this thread