You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rspfau

Starting Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:12pm

programming for every other week?

I have a Rainbird ESP-LX and would like to water 1 inch *every other week* to reduce water usage to a minimum. I've read the manual for the controller, and I'm about convinced that there's no way to do this--I think I'll be forced to water every week because I can't see how to program it for every other week (or else activate it manually). Does anyone know of a way to program it that I'm overlooking?

Many thanks!!

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:15pm

The Old RC Rainbird Controllers sound great for that application. Welcome all other comments!!!
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:57pm

what location supports watering a lawn only once in a two-week period?

mrfixit

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 7:34pm

See if this applies to your controller.

Cyclical

Water every 2 to 14 days

F
Press the UP and DOWN arrow button(s) until Cyclical: Every _ Day is blinking; then press the SELECT button.

G
The CYCLICAL WATERING screen will appear and the value for Water Every X Days will be blinking.

a.
Press the - or + button(s) to enter a value of between 2 and 14 days between irrigation cycles; then press the NEXT button.

b.
The date to Begin Watering dd mmm will begin to blink. Press the - or + button(s) to set the date in which you want the first irrigation cycle to begin; then press the NEXT button; the BLOCK ON SPECIFIC DAY OF WEEK screen will appear.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:08pm

Why not water half inch every week?

Like fixit says your controller should have the cyclical programming.. Though I know some only go to 7 days. most new controllers go up to 30 days.

Rate this thread