You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrfixit

Monday, June 20th 2011, 10:30pm

A first for me.

I get a call from a guy. He says, I don't think my glue's going to hold. That's all the info I needed. So I get over there. I see a 311 valve. This valve normally has a bleeder screw with a pin attached to it on top of the flow control handle. The screw and pin came out and he couldn't find it, soooo, he took a big screw and screwed it in a couple of threads. Then he attached about 6 big blue rubber bands to push down on the screw. Then he covered the whole mess in rubber cement thinking that would hold the rubber bands in place. I dont know how but it wasn't leaking. Anyway, I took the mess apart, looked on the ground for the part. I couldn't find it but, laying there was the old valve someone had replaced. So I just took the pin out of it. I wish I'd taken a picture.

Some people are really helpless. I guess I'd be out of a job if they weren't.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 22nd 2011, 1:11pm)

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 7:46am

LOL!

That's Awesome!!
Yes take pictures :)

I always catch my self nowadays by asking the homeowner if they 'did this' . If they did I'll explain to them in a nice chuckle what they did wrong. Before I use to be like ' This is the worst plumbing I've ever seen!!!'

Rate this thread