You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wadewood

Saturday, July 15th 2006, 1:42pm

Febco 850 Vertical Down?

Will the Febco 850 1" operate properly if installed in vertical down (flow down) position?

Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 15th 2006, 5:41pm

What do the instructions say?

wadewood

Saturday, July 15th 2006, 5:51pm

It says vertical flow up or down. But the drawing on instructions only indicates upflow on arrow. I did a Google search for "febco 850 vertical" and came across some city/county specs that approve this devise in vertically up only or horizontal.

It seems to me with springs operating the check valves, it should not matter. But I thought I would ask here and see if anybody has some real world experience with this device in vertical up direction.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 3:36am

'Real World' means your own particular corner of the world, which may or may not have codes that affect how you'll install the device. If you install it in a horizontal position, you will have covered your bases, and the fittings needed to achieve that won't break your bank account. The device should be functional in any position, but it undergoes testing and certification only in certain orientations.

Rate this thread