You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 8:33am

rebuilding a Toro Flo Pro valve

Guess what is giving me trouble? The Toro Flo Pro valve I inherited! It doesn't shut completely so, I take it apart and find debris, yay! Now I'm looking for a diagram on how to put the dam* thing back together. The biting flies and mosquitos are brutal and I need visuals to get 'er done. Maybe I lost a little part.??? Help! and Thanks!

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 8:36am

ps, I looked at old threads and didn't find mine. It's a jar valve that has only one "jar' and no "tubes' around it. anyone know what I mean?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 11:45am

Just replace the valve with something modern and save yourself much grief in the future - it was discontinued for a reason

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 3:10pm

Thanks very little, Super User. I'm just doing a rebuild and trying to get something working again. Why don't I just replace the entire manifold while I'm at it? That would save me tons of future grief. I will just hire it out too, soon as I land in my private jet.

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 3:11pm

Oh sorry! I mean Supreme Member...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 4:22pm

While you are busy patting yourself on the back, ask yourself why the Toro company discontinued manufacturing that valve. That sort of thing happens almost never, and it happens for a reason.

Pros will rip out an entire manifold of Flo Pro valves and replace it with new valves that can be relied upon to perform without callbacks. Homeowners have the privilege of dinking around with a sprinkler system like a child in a sandbox.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Jul 23rd 2011, 4:30pm)

centralirri

Unregistered

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 2:51pm

I agree with WetBoots. Flo Pro's are a horrible valve. We installed thousands when they came out, and are dealing with consequences ever since. Even with a new diaphragm and selonoid, you're lucky to get 2 or 3 years of reliable service out of them. Check your other valves, cause I'll gaurantee you they're leaking!

Check MTI Distributing for replacement parts. If you do order repair parts, change the selonoid as well. The Flo Pro selonoid has an encapsulated plunger that does not deal well with debris.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, July 25th 2011, 11:17pm

spent 3.5 hours today ripping a shit toro jar top daisy chain manifold today... ef those stupid valves

Matt Dildy

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 2:35pm

agrees with all the previous posters, 13 yrs in business and can say with pride every single toro flow pro i have come across has found itself in the trash pile. not worth the time and effort to rebuild even if it is in a manifold requiring you to cut them all out. ok well to be honest every toro product i have come across has ended up in the trash pile.