You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vkaura

Monday, August 1st 2011, 11:10pm

Rainbird Maxi-paw guts wont come out.

I am having trouble getting the guts of Rain-Bird Maxi-paw out of the casing.
I am using the special wrench but the corners of the internal assembly where the wrench is supposed to grip have worn out and become rounded - so no hold.

Question: short of breaking the guts ( I'd rather not damage the pipe connection the outer casing) is there a way to dis-mental the guts of Maxi-paw from the top? All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 4:34am

buy a new head and forget about the wrench

vkaura

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 5:21am

Wet_boots:

I take it you are saying take out the whole thing - guts and the body - and replace w/ a new one?

My original plan was to replace the guts w/ PGP-ATR. Given this experience w/ MP, I want to use something different.

What rotor would you suggest?

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 5:42am

If the wrench doesn't work for you, move on - replacing a Maxipaw with anything else may cost you coverage - it all depends on the particulars of your system

mrfixit

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 7:58pm

Make sure the maxi-paw is free of debris. Clean it out with a hose. If your wrench still wont work you can try grabbing the neck of the innards with some channel locks and unscrewing it. Possibly doing both at once will work.

Rate this thread