You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

silvercvic

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 10:53am

ran out of wire

I have 6 strand wire buried underground, but ran short about 50', do they sell connectors for outdoor underground wires, so that it prevents moisture or corrosion? Can I get some quick ones at a local box store; Lowes or HD?

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 7:12pm

they do make water proof wire nuts. they have a silicon gel or grease inside them to stop corrosion due to moisture and other elements. You can purchase them from SprinklerWarehouse.com at the following link:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=298

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 22nd 2007, 1:50am

Do yourself a big favor...no matter what type of connector you use...bury it all in a 6 inch round valve box.....trust me on this.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

lush96

Advanced Member

Thursday, February 22nd 2007, 6:44am

thats a good point made by sprinklerguy. this way if a connection does go bad, you will easily be able to find the splice.

Tom

Supreme Member

Friday, February 23rd 2007, 9:52am

like sprinklerguy said. you may also want to store the gps coordinates of the box

h2pro

Sunday, April 22nd 2007, 8:27am

scotch coat and rubber 3m tape, use is code-legal for direct bury here, up to 600v. dont use pre filled wire-nuts, without a 6" round vault. they will need to be accessed within 12 mos....guaranteed!

Rate this thread