You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grey

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 12:15am

Adjusting spray nozzle edge on a shrub riser. How?

Is there a part like swivel shrub adapter or something to adjust spray nozzle on a shrub stick? Or how do you guys adjust these? I screwed in stick, shrub adapter and then nozzle almost never aligns correctly as far as left or right edge without under tightening it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "grey" (Sep 4th 2011, 12:24am)

mike1059

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 5:25pm

It's all a matter of adjusting the tightness of the riser, adaptor and nozzel. If you still can't get both edges to line-up you may need to go to a wider pattern nozzel and deal with a little over spray.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 5:56pm

just about now you might be wishing you had used a marlex elbow under each riser

grey

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 7:14pm

I used a TEE with threaded connection at each riser location. Why would nobody make swivel adapter?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 10:05pm

I used a TEE with threaded connection at each riser location. Why would nobody make swivel adapter?
Useless. Absolutely useless. Pros use marlex elbows for a reason, that reason being that they don't have to fuss with what's bothering you.

grey

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 10:54pm

Pros use marlex elbows for a reason

Wet_Boots, enlighten me, please.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 5th 2011, 10:16am

Marlex is a high-density polyethylene, and it makes for threaded street elbows that seal leak-free without needing teflon tape or pipe dope. If your risers were threaded into a marlex elbow you could align them with the greatest of ease.

grey

Advanced Member

Monday, September 5th 2011, 10:55am

so basically I would tread risers somewhere half way on marlex elbow?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 5th 2011, 2:58pm

Buy some and try for yourself. If nothing else, having swing joints under each riser will prevent breakage.

Rate this thread