You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jim-H

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 8:00am

Choosing RPZ brand?

Is there one brand that is more reliable and better made than another? Any advantages/disadvantages? They are all comparable in price. I am looking to order a 1" model today but not sure which one to get.

Febco
Conbraco
Wilkins
Watts

Thanks in advance.
Jim

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 5:06pm

In my years participating in these forums, it seems like I hear the most about Watts and Febco. I've at least heard of Wilkins, but not Conbraco.

I'd say go with the one that is easiest to obtain.

Me personally, I'd pick Watts just because that's what the big-box stores carry around here. You figure they are likely to be cheaper than any irrigation supply store, and quicker than mail order. If there is anything defective, it's a quick trip and no hassle to get a replacement.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 5:31pm

The one thing to consider in northern climates is whether you can winterize (with a 'home' compressor) an RPZ and not have to dismantle it to get all the water out. If that is the priority, the Conbraco and the Watts 009 series are possibilities.