You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Brendan

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 10:50am

ACC 1200

Hi All

We have had a request for the installation of a Hunter ACC 1200 for a client. Are there any out of the ordinary components that we would for this system. I keep reading about dides. Are these included or do I need to purchase these separately?

Please forgive my ignorance

Brendan

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 11:03am

The manual is available HERE. I can't find anything on "dides" in the manual. It looks like a fairly standard installation. It is an extremely versatile controller so programming might take a few extra minutes. There are a number of expansion modules and weather sensors available HERE. If you can find any more info on 'dides' or have more questions please let us know.

Brendan

Unregistered

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 6:33pm

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the typo. It should be "decoders" we would like to use a two wire path so I would like to know how to go about this.

Thanks Brendan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 7:57pm

2-wire is a world apart from standard controllers. Wiring and connections have to be without flaws. Diagnosing a problem would involve a clamp-around "leakage meter"

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 8:29am

To use an ACC 1200 for a 2-wire you would need to replace the standard module with an ADM-99 decoder module. Then along the wire you would install ICD Decoders according to number of valves needed in that area. A good high level overview is HERE. The next to last page has a good wiring example.

We don't do much in 2-wire as the cost per zone tends to be more expensive until you get into larger installations. How big? Don't know. I get different opinions. There are a number of advantages and its use in commercial installations is growing.

I'll be glad to help with any technical info I can but for real world applications/challenges info I'm going to defer to Wet_Boots and others who have worked with it in the field.