You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wilk5187

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 7:08am

hunter i-20

I have one sprinkler head that continously gets stuck and won't open. I have replaced the whole head with a new one and it does the same thing. It would appear that either a wiper or the spring is getting bound up and won't release the head, but that doesn't explain why a brand new one does the same thing. I don't want to dig it up again, but I can't figure out what to fix to make it better.
any ideas??
Steve

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 7:15am

If you replaced the head my next thought would be low pressure. Assuming there is nothing to indicate a broken line feeding that head then debris could be in the pipe partially/completely blocking flow. I would remove the head and turn on the zone for a moment. Hopefully it will blow out the debris and give you a real interesting fountain. If it doesn't then you have to start looking at the pipes

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 9:12pm

Sometimes if the head is near tree roots or rock, the body of the head can get out of shape. If the body is not free to be completely circular the parts inside may not retract correctly.

Sometimes the body of the head is wedged between a root and the driveway or you understand what I am saying. In this case it may take some ax work.

Good Luck
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup: