You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

opsec

Unregistered

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 7:44pm

hunter scr No power up

So, With out getting into the whole story.

Last fall I took a picture of my SCR CU. I then unhooked it and removed it (post cleaning out the system). Today, my father inlaw jumps in on helping my wife get it set up (don't even get me started, He ment well). The unit was mounted to it's new position and the trans former was connected BUT, nothing else was. He plugged it in and by my understanding the clock blinked for about 10 seconds and then the whole unit shut down. a few minuets later I come home, and they told me what happened. I told them it was not hooked up and you probably just broke it. I have done a little reading on it and right in the manual it says

"Do not plug transformer
into power source until the
controller is mounted and all
valves have been connected"

this is exactly what they did..... So, is the unit screwed?

if so, I work on low voltage systems daily and get into very complicated systems.... is there a tech repair manual out there for testing the board, I am very sure that I would have no problem repairing it if I had a schematic.

Any thing you got could help.... thanks....

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 12:11am

Plugging in the controller without the valves hooked up will do nothing to hurt it.

Hunter SRC's in my opinion and experience have a high volume of display issues .

Use your multimeter to make sure the plug has power and the gfi wasn't just flipped. Then use the multimeter and test at the two 24V posts. If you have power but no display then your display board has gone out. I highly doubt you will be able to fix that and it really isn't worth someone's time.... If you don't have power then your transformer is out

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 9:08am

There is no schematic to be had on the SRC. In fact it is not a thing you want to try and disassemble in the first place (reassembly is problematic) - Besides, part of the circuitry is potted in epoxy, and you'll never get your hands on it.

If the transformer was connected to the controller, and then plugged in, you should have no worries.

I installed the SRC controllers, and they could just blink out of existence. The oldest ones had no 'reset' button, and even on newer ones, a reset won't necessarily bring the clock back to life.

Rate this thread