You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 12:56pm

EZ Flow to kill weeds only

Hi everyone. Got a EZ Flow flyer in the mail with my last parts shipment from SW. Interesting. I'd like to consider it for weed killing only. Not each time I water, but a few times a year. I have a considerable weed problem.

All thoughts appreciated. For about $250, saves me hours of walking the lawn with tank sprayers.

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 1:20pm

I'd be a little scared of that as you never know plant the spray will hit.

That warning out, let me do some checking and see if there is something that would work.

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 1:34pm

UPDATE: I want to emphasize again that you may not be able to control what the weed killer touches. This includes drift onto your neighbor's property.

That said, this is a known application. E-Z Flo does not sell the chemicals but most any water soluble herbicide should work. Most commonly used by customers who have a large turf area.

So, yes, you can and it is done.

You'll have to work out the application rate based on your product.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 7:21pm

Is an upgrade to the backflow necessary? That would add a bit to the price.

:S
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 11:00pm

This includes drift onto your neighbor's property.

I was told my an old co-worker that he knew a woman who purchased a house and inside the garage was a full unused 5 gallon bucket of some sort of weed killer...

Well she didn't dilute this - it killed her entire lawn/shrubs and 50% of everything on nieghbors both sides of her house

Friday, April 6th 2012, 8:16am

The backflow is a tricky issue. With chemicals injected into the system you should use an RPZ backflow. These are the best and about the only thing approved for chemical injection. However, area regulations rule.

My house? It would definitely be an RPZ.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, April 6th 2012, 8:58am

Well I think the RPZ is the way to go. I have a new PVB. So, I'll hold off and wait awhile. I actually put in a new lawn and in theory a new GOOD lawn should reduce the weeds.

Thanks for all the input.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 6th 2012, 11:23pm

You need a spreader anyway, to put down lime.

grey

Advanced Member

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 12:32am

IMO, it's a big waste of chemicals this way.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 7:44am

Hopefully the new lawn will help control the weeds.