You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ChachMcGach

Unregistered

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 7:30pm

Bad valve, diaphragm, or solenoid? I need help!

Here's what I've got:

1. When I run my sprinklers via the electronic control panel, they will come on but not enough water pressure is being pushed to: a. pop the sprinklers up; b. blow enough water to water the various areas correctly.

2. When I run the sprinklers via the electronic control panel AND use the manual turn-on/bleed screw, the sprinklers all pop-up and blow like crazy.

3. When I JUST use the manual turn-on/bleed screw, nothing happens.

Steps I've taken to fix/troubleshoot:

1. Opened the valves and cleaned them out.

2. Removed the solenoid and cleaned its various parts.

3. Removed the diaphragm, cleaned it, checked for tears. Looks ok to me.

4. Tested the voltage to the solenoid with a multimeter- it is correct.

I am still experiencing the same problem.

I, with my limited knowledge, think I have narrowed it down to either a bad diaphragm, solenoid or entire valve assembly. What's throwing me is that when I run both the solenoid and the manual screw- everything is great. But I get zilch out of the sprinklers with just the manual screw. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 7:57pm

Do You have a master valve? If you are not sure check your irrigation controller and look at the cable connections. Is there anything on MV?

I am just curious? :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 9:35pm

I think Tod's right. Sounds like you have a master valve. That's not the problem though, It's probably the diaphragm. What model valve is it?

ChachMcGach

Starting Member

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:32am

Thank you!

Guys,

Somehow when I posted this the registration emails weren't going through and it looked like my post never made it online.

Anyhow- you were right! Later that day I said, "screw it!" and replaced the diaphragms. Works perfectly now.

Thank you for your help! 8)