You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TXSTDU

Unregistered

Monday, April 9th 2012, 10:45pm

Side strip on rotor zone

My entire yard is all rotor heads and I am unable to water across the side walk due to local code. My question is if I can use some side strip heads that match the flow rate of my 1/4 arc rotors, and use them to water a strip of grass 5' by about 100". I will use multiple heads for head to head coverage but will this cause any issues? I have enough water flow for this zone I am creating.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 8:21am

What rotors are you now using, the pros here would need to know. Look into Hunter MP rotators. Install them in a triangle pattern on that strip.

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 8:27am

Mixing rotors and anything else usually causes problems. However, I have seen increasing use of Hunter MP Rotators on mixed zones. Not knowing your exact details I can't give you a comparison but it might be close enough for you.
I have not done it myself nor would I design this way but sometimes you have to go with what you have.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 9:08am

I don't see why not as long as you can match the precip rate of the rotors. All of the MP rotators are designed to be very close in precip rates so you can mix and match them. Not sure of the other brands but I love the MP rotators I have.

TXSTDU

Unregistered

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 10:18am

The rotors I am using now are the Hunter PGP. I hope this info helps out

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 11:16am

Call Hunter, their customer service is very good. And if you are creating a new zone, I don't think there are any issues using all MP rotators.