You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

APW81

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 11:31am

"Extra" Zone Was On In Timed Cycle, Lots of Standing Water.....

When my system was installed they put in two "extra" zones (6 & 7) in case I ever wanted to expand. I had rented my house out and when I stopped by to check on it yesterday I noticed a portion of the yard was extremely soggy. When I checked my timer for zone water duration, I noticed that zone 6 (extra) had been set to water for 7 minutes. Since there are no sprinklers attached to the valve box would this be responsible for all the water/soggy yard? Would this also cause damage to any other areas of the system? Just trying to figure out how serious of an issue I may have on my hands. Thanks in advance for any help and info!
AW

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 12:03pm

You should observe the system when this is happening, if you want to know where the water is coming from.

mrfixit

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 1:14pm

Are there wires hooked up to the number 6 an 7 terminals? Just disconnect them.

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 3:36pm

If zone 6 has a valve but is for future use I would assume it is capped off.
If for some strange reason it is not then when it went active water would pour out.
I agree with the others. Disconnect the wires to 6 and 7 and run the system to see what happens.
Could be as simple as a broken pipe.

APW81

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 7:55pm

I'm pretty sure it is capped. In that case where would the water be forced to go during its 6 minute run time?

Friday, April 13th 2012, 8:07am

If it is capped correctly, as in primed and glued, the water goes no where. It's just a dead end pipe.
If they just forced a cap on with a friction fit it might have blown off.
Don't really think that's what happened but worth checking.

Rate this thread