You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Arindam

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 10:13am

what is the optimum number for rotor and sprayers

Hi, I am in the process of gathering estimates to install an irrigation system in my front lawn. One contractor has estimated 17 zones, 13-14 pop up heads and 20-21 spray heads, while another estimated 3 zones, 8-10 pop up and 14-15 sprayers for the same lot. How do I know which is the optimum number. Price differential is apx $300

huntMT

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 6:33pm

Is there any more information you can provide? What size is the lawn?
--
Rob

Arindam

Thursday, June 14th 2007, 4:08am

correction: first contractor estimated 7 zones (NOT 17)

lawn size is apx 85X40 in the front. two sides are 30X30 and 10X30. I also have some shrub in the front.

huntMT

Thursday, June 14th 2007, 7:33pm

The second contractor's 8-10 popups seems sparse, but without knowing the radius of the parts, that is a guess.

IrrigationTutorials.com and the Hunter design guide might have some information helpful to you.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/Design/design_guide.html

--
Rob

Arindam

Friday, June 15th 2007, 4:30am

Rob, thanks a lot for your advice.

Tom

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 16th 2007, 10:43am

hardly any 2 or more contractors think alike when it comes to sprinkler head layouts. It may be worth your while to have a design drawn up with bids placed on this design. No one does this for resi installs, but it may be worth it to you.

Or- look at several of each of your contractors last jobs and pick what seems best to you along with asking and talking with references. No one does this either but it may be worth it to you.

Rate this thread