You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member

Posts: 1

Location: USA


Thursday, June 21st 2007, 3:59pm


I have valves on my sprinkler system that are 15-16 years old that need rebuilt. The valves have no manufacturer's name - only the number 204 on top. The sprinkler heads are Rainbird and Hunter but I do not see any valves on either of their websites that look like mine. I realize the design has probably changed. How do I go about finding if rebuild kits are available for these?


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,351

Location: Metro NYC


Friday, June 22nd 2007, 5:26am

If the valve cover is secured by 8 screws, with a stainless steel strip underneath, then they are Richdel R204 valves, and serviceable forever. The valve is now known as the 205. If you need to rebuild, it's often easier to just replace the 'guts' and not worry about finding individual parts.

Rate this thread