You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

livnezr

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 5:39pm

locating the "pump" for my system

This sounds pretty stupid, but, I live in a house that gets its water from a well. The yard has an irrigation system that has quit working. I know where my controllers are but can't seem to find the "pump" I believe to be in-ground. Anyone have any thoughts of where this would have been buried? I know that that is the problem by trouble shooting the controllers. There is no water coming thru them when I open them. Please help giving me some ideas on where they may have buried the pump. My lawn is looking real dry and grass brown....suggestions please and thank you in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 6:54pm

If your lawn is watered from a deep-well submersible pump, and you knew exactly where it was, just where would that get you? Depending on any number of variables, you could have hundreds of pounds of pump and pipe hanging hundreds of feet deep.

livnezr

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 7:04pm

Not a subermisable

The house is also on the well and the house has its on water pump. The electrical panal has its on large fuse for "irrigation pump". So I would think that the irrigation pump is buried in its on box somewhere, just not sure where to start. The house was built in the early 90s but have no idea when the irrigation was put in. Any other helpful thoughts on where to look for this "missing pump"?

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:21am

Are you sure the system has a separate pump?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 9:52am

better to do some resistance testing of the zone wiring before doing anything else

Rate this thread