You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

The Chad

Unregistered

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 4:55am

Need a 110/220 or 220vdc outdoor controller

I need a 220V outdoor controller. Does the ware house sell 220 replacement transformers for Controllers. Is this something I could just swap out or are they soldered in place

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 7:32am

Some of the more expensive outdoor controllers have dual-voltage inputs. Hunter's I-Core is one example.

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:19am

The power supplies are usually not soldered in place.
There are a number of 220 controllers available.
They are listed under INTERNATIONAL on the site.
Go HERE

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 9:55am

The power supplies are usually not soldered in place.
There are a number of 220 controllers available.
They are listed under INTERNATIONAL on the site.
Go HERE
As long as the controller doesn't use the powerline frequency for actual timekeeping, as old motorized controllers did, an international version of a cheaper controller would work.

The Chad

Unregistered

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 2:29pm

Thanks for all of the responses! does K-Rain make a good product? I only plan on having 3 zones. I just want to make sure I will be happy with the end result. I wanted to get a well known common Controller with a rep for reliability. I get paid in dollars but have to buy everything in Euro. Man that hurts with the VAT and currency conversion.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 3:28pm

consider a Hunter Pro-C

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 3:33pm

K-rain makes a good product and I would not have a problem using one.
However pros use LOTS of Hunter.
Know how they work, what they do, etc.
I don't think you'll easily find a pro that recommends K-Rain over Hunter.

If you only have 3 zones you'll find that K-Rains price is pretty hard to beat.

The CHAD

Unregistered

Friday, June 15th 2012, 3:59am

I am trying to decide between the Signature 8374ES NEW 4 Station Outdoor Sprinkler Timer or K-Rain 3604-220 RPS 469 4 Zone Sprinkler . Would the Sig really be worth 20 dollars more. Is it a bad idea to use the DVF Rainbird Valves ?

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/K-Rain-3604-220-4-Station-220-Volt-Controller-p/3604-220.htm

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Signature-EZ-Pro-Jr-220VAC-Timer-p/8374es.htm

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:31am

Controllers: let the features make your decision. I don't know where you are but you might go on line to check support options from the manufacturer.

DVF valves: we sell them by the ton. I see a number of them in the field. Nothing wrong with them.

Rate this thread