You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 3:35pm

layout distance exactly between Hunter MP rotor 1000/2000 and 2000/3000, which one???

Im doing my first layout for my home, its pretty clay like soil even though we are amending it and decide on using MP Rotors but I do have an odd shaped backyard Im working on, its about 22 x 44' but one end is curved and on another end one side is kind of cut out. My issue is almost all my distances run exactly between sizes. Ive got some distances of 14' and 21 feet. These fall between model 1000 and 2000, and 2000 & 3000. So should I max out the smaller or turn down all the way the bigger one?

Thanks, Reese

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 3:49pm

Remember that those distances are dependent on your pressure.
For example, the MP 2000 goes 21' at 50psi but only 19' at 40 psi.
Before you make any decision you need your working pressure.

Also consider Rain Bird Rotary Nozzles. Similar gpm but their distances are 13-18 and 17-24.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Friday, June 15th 2012, 6:10am

In my application I found that the MP2000 don't go as far as advertised. At 45psi I should be getting at least 19ft but am only managing about 17. Whereas, the MP 3000's seem to be dead on.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:59am

Design isn't easy. I used MP rotators for my front yard. I planned on less distance that the charts indicated. I was short with two heads since it was an uphill area that I didn't account for. I added a MP1000.

PSI indeed very important. So, use the charts, measure right and don't bury the trenches until your coverage is good.

As far as using a 2000 or a 3000 turned down, I would use the 2000. You can always switch out to a 3000 if needed.

Friday, June 15th 2012, 9:09am

When testing is done on spray heads/rotors/etc. they are done in a controlled environment.
In a building with no wind/breeze.
Controlled humidity.
Controlled temperature.
Precisely controlled temperature.

Real world? I figure about 10% less on any given distance.

Rate this thread