You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AGi

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 9:59am

Troubleshooting PCM300 Module

Posted - Jul 23 2007 : 1:42:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently repaired a light commercial system. Supply line had burst in four places (improper shut down last year). After the line repair, I activated the controller - Hunter Pro Series 300i - and zones 1,2 and 3 worked fine. Zones 4,5 and 6 which are hooked up to an PCM300 expansion module did not come on. I disconnected the zone 3 wire and one at a time, I hooked up zones 4,5 and 6. Each of the non operating zones worked when attached to zone 3. This leads me to believe that there is no problem with the wiring or the valves for zones 4,5 and 6. I believe that the expansion module needs replacement. Is there anything else I can do to prove this, before replacing the expansion module.

AGi

Sunday, August 5th 2007, 10:41am

<b>For all those looking for answers.....</b>
If your having problems with a module, try resetting the controller. The instructions are in the manual.
I did this and it solved my problem. Of course I had to reprogram the controller, but after doing so, the module worked fine.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 5th 2007, 12:25pm

http://www.sprinklertalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2323
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread