You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RobPaul

Unregistered

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 9:52am

controller not controlling! HELP please! Irritrol-RD600

Dear Mr. S.W.,

Please Help! I just bought a 7 year old house and it has a Irritrol - rd600 sprinkler system.

The controller programs & runs the programs just like it's supposed to as you can see on the screen which is inside the basement, however, no water comes ouot of any of the 5 zones.

I replaced the 9v battery, I re-spliced & connected all the wires to the solenoids from the controller and no water. The only way to get the water to sprinkle is to unscrew the bleed screw (1 zone at a time) and the water comes out like it should ( a couple rotors/heads need adjust/replacing) for the most part. If all the bleed screws are closed and the controller calls for sprinkling, no water. If the controller MANUAL setting/button is used, no water. The controller has no evidence of a problem, no flicker, no shorts, no bad fuse, etc. Please help! tia.

RobPaul

Starting Member

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 10:02am

RE: controller not controlling! HELP please! Irritrol-RD600

<Just an FYI, I just registered after I posted the original message - RobPaul> :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 10:09am

Is there a rain detector? Have you performed a resistance check of the wiring?

mrfixit

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 10:28am

Was the screen blank before you changed the battery?
Make sure the outlet is working.
Blown fuse?
Is the transformer warm to the touch?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 5:54pm

Common wire problem.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:12am

mrfixit

Monday, July 16th 2012, 7:50pm

Gator I cut n pasted this from the blog.
"At the valve disconnect the wires from the valve. Now set your solenoid back to the proper VAC setting"

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 8:01am

Oops.
Think that was supposed to be multimeter, not solenoid.
Consider it fixed.

And thanks.

Rob Paul

Unregistered

Friday, July 20th 2012, 10:53am

Controller not Controlling? 2

Wet_Boots, mrfixit, Central Irrigation, & GatorGuy,

1st off, I would like to THANK each of you for your efforts to help me.

Wet_boots: "Is there a rain detector? Have you performed a resistance check of the wiring?"

... yes there is a rain detector (which has been bone dry for weeks) I don't know what a resistence check is.

mrfixit: "Was the screen blank before you changed the battery? Make sure the outlet is working. Blown fuse? Is the transformer warm to the touch?" ... no, (power is working) Fuse seems OK. Transformer is warm.

Central Irrigation: "Common wire problem." ... identifying the problem helps 50%, the other 50% I need help with is what is the solution. So, if it is a common wire problem (not sure it is), what needs to be done. I have respliced the wires and reconnected them.

GatorGuy: "Look over Multimeter Troubleshooting. " ... I don't have a multimeter:(

Any thoughts appreciated!!!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 20th 2012, 10:39pm

only one thought - buy a multimeter

Rate this thread