You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jeremy75

Thursday, September 6th 2007, 1:15pm

Valve Removal

Hi, just moved in about 1 year ago and already I need to replace a faulty Rain Bird valve about 10 years old. The only way I see to replace the one valave is to remove all 4 valve because they are so close together. This seems like a lot of work. Is there a easyer way to do this.

Also is there a remote unit for Rain Bird controllers that can be taken into the field to where you can hook it up to the controller and turn on and off each zone to clean out the lines and make repaires. If so how effective is this unit and where can I get one. This is my first posting. Please help. Thank You Jeremy

mrfixit

Thursday, September 6th 2007, 1:58pm

What kind of valves do you have and how are they positioned? Inline or anti-syphon or tri-port or valve adapter or above ground ect. I've been known to cut valves in half. Break them off with a hammer. Maybe all you need to do is take the bonnet off so it'll unscrew. It all depends. Maybe you could post a pic.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

jeremy75

Thursday, September 6th 2007, 2:00pm

Thank You. I will find out what kind of valve it is.

jeremy75

Friday, September 7th 2007, 2:52pm

Its a Rain Bird CP 100 1 Inch. Its just so tight in there. Please help soon.
Thank You

mrfixit

Friday, September 7th 2007, 7:03pm

If this is your valve--
http://www.rainbird.com/diy/products/valves/cp.htm
--
You should be able to take the top half of the valve off and just unscrew it. You might be able to repair the valve with a new diaphragm so you don't have to replace the whole valve. You didn't mention what's wrong with the valve.--
As far as the remote goes. Rainbird does have a remote. Ask at the parts supply house what's compatible with your controller.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread