You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jt

Unregistered

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 7:35am

Zone err message

Hi!

I have a Rainbird E-12 controller. It's been installed for about 9 years without problems. Recently 1 zone would not turn off, so I replaced the solenoid. Zone worked for a while, but then I started to get an err error on the zone. I tried another solenoid and no luck still had the err message. Yesterday I replaced the wiring from the controller to the solenoid. Worked great twice for testing, but another err message this morning.

I'm out of ideas to try to fix. Help!

Thanks,
JT

mrfixit

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 12:50pm

Try switching the wire around at the controller. Supposing the trouble valve is number 2. Switch the 2 and 3 wires around and see if the problem moves or stays in the same spot.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 12:55pm

Are you 100% sure you know which zone is causing the err?
Is there two valves wired together so they run at the same time?

Jtjammer

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 2:23pm

Update

The problem is on zone 1. I switched zone 1 and 2 on the controller. The problem moved to zone 2.

Jtjammer

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 2:25pm

Yes. 100% sure the problem is with zone 1. The controller flashes zone 1 with the error. There is only 1 zone on this setting. I do to have multiple zones on one setting. Thanks!

mrfixit

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 2:31pm

Maybe put the original solenoid back on. You have me stumped. You said you've replaced the wiring. You replaced both the hot wire and the ground wire?
Maybe the run is too long from the controller to the valve and the guage of the wire is too small. Dunno...

Jtjammer

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 2:39pm

I only replaced the wire which controls the zone. I did not replace the white wire. I did run 4 wires, so I can replace the white wire.

Jt

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 12:35pm

I replaced both wires. Still have the same problem. The zone starts for about 10 seconds and then the zone stops. I have the flashing err message for the zone on the controller.

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 1:43pm

You've followed the logical steps and eliminated wiring and solenoid.
Starts pointing toward the controller.
If you disconnect the wires and run zones does it error out?

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 7:06pm

What is this blue highlighted area in the posts leading to ads? Is this me or something the site has added?

Rate this thread