You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

delfinrubin

Starting Member

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 10:06am

R8806P101C Timer - Is this timer also used for controlling the pools pump?

Could somebody let me know if this timer can be used for controlling the start-stop pool pump?

mrfixit

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 12:17pm

Looks like pool timer to me.
Intermatic

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 3:01pm

this controller differs from a regular pool pump controller in that it does not employ a pair of trippers to start and stop a pump - a single tripper gives you 12 minutes of "on" - there are no "off" trippers

if you needed six continuous hours of pumping, then you would need 30 individual trippers placed upon the dial

mrfixit

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 9:15pm

It's 220 Volts this says with between 1 and 60 on positions.
Click Here

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 9:30pm

There are various models of the controller, for different voltages. It is not meant to control a pool pump, by way of it probably needing many more trippers than it is supplied with.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 11:19pm

There's only one model with the model number R8806P101C. You know that.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 20th 2012, 4:53pm

I wouldn't back any bet that the original post has the number exactly correct. Besides, the question is whether a controller that has only "on" trippers is suitable for swimming pool use. If and only if there are sufficient trippers on hand, would the answer be yes. For the money, and ease of use, a controller using both on and off trippers is the popular choice.

Rate this thread