You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

waderick

Unregistered

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 3:18pm

humming sound coming from valve????

I have noticed one of my zones is not working and I have also noticed the value for this zone is making a humming sound. WHat would cause the humming sound and would the source of this problem be linked to the zone not coming on?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 3:56pm

Find the valve in the ground or in the field. It is the solenoid. You will have to shut off the water (hopefully at the backflow preventer). Unscrew the solenoid and your system will be dead until you replace the solenoid. You will need to buy the exact same kind.

It may be cheaper to buy the valve and strip the solenoid off of it.

Good Luck.

:thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 6:29pm

solenoids hum because they don't know the words

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 11:07am

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 7:29pm

Solenoid is gone... replace valve
Промывать Стратегически

planter

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 10:37am

Find the valve in the ground or in the field. It is the solenoid. You will have to shut off the water (hopefully at the backflow preventer). Unscrew the solenoid and your system will be dead until you replace the solenoid. You will need to buy the exact same kind.

Good Luck.

test

planter

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 10:47am

Good Luck.

test
hello to all

I have a rainbird system with four zones, installed in 1993. I have problems with two of the valves and was wondering if, instead of buying parts to repair the old valves, I could buy new valves and use them for spare parts as needed. The cost of a new valve is only slightly more than the cost of a new solenoid. My old valves are one inch dv100.
Are the internal parts, etc. compatible?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 2:00pm

Buy the valves