You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DannyNonn

Starting Member

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 12:01am

Rainbird Sprinkler head(s) slowly seeping water and drip irrigation lines (some) will not turn off.

I reside in Chandler, Arizona. I have a Rainbird sprinkler system. The sprinklers are on three (3) zones on my timer and the drip irrigation is a totally different section on my timer (if that makes any sense). Problem are a few, I have two (2) or three (3) sprinkler heads that are slowly "leaking" from the top. I have replaced a head on a different one that was doing the same and found that I needed to replace the diaphrams (2) which fixed the problem with that one and also replaced the solenoids. Problem was fixed so when I found these heads doing the same I replaced the other diaphrams (2 more) thinking that I fixed that problem (the solenoids for these have also been replaced). However, it did not and I have a few drip irrigation lines that also run continuously. I would love to have the entire system tuned up and upgraded however not able to. It seems like most of my time is struggling with the sprinklers rather than enjoying my yard. If someone could help out it would be greatly appreciated. My next plan of attack will be to replace the sprinkler heads themselves but hesitant because I just have a feeling that that won't take care of it either.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 9:41am

If the drip is very low flow, you may have trouble with most any zone valve. Also, if the seat area of the valves is pitted or worn, or cracked, the valve body itself needs to be replaced.

Rate this thread