You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Javila

Unregistered

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 8:14pm

mp rotator radius issues

Hello everybody,
I recently replaced one zone of 4in spray sprinklers for 6in mp rotators 1000. I needed a 13 in radius coverage which was fine for the sprays.
Now I have some mp rotator heads that reach the 13 ft while some dont. I tried adjusting the radius but I was unable to notice any difference when I rotated the little screw at the head. My house is on a slope and I think that the ones on the top do not reach as far as the ones that are lower.

I have a few questions to see if anyone can help me.

I still have 4 old spray heads/bodies in the zone, could that affect my pressure? I am using mp40 bodies for the new ones. I will change the 4 heads/bodies next week, I just have not had the time.
Also in order to lower the head for the 6in bodies, I used an extra 90 degree elbow in many of them so it comes from the main pipe from a T, and goes into an (added) 90 degre elbow into flex pipe that does an U turn to end up in another elbow that the sprinkler head screws into. Can that installation affect the pressure or something? should I just go straight from the t into the flex pipe and only the one elbow to screw into the sprinkler?
Thank you for your help.
Jorge

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 28th 2013, 8:38am

Change ALL the heads in the zone, and maybe have a 2000 series or two (or more) in reserve, in case you need extra distance.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Monday, January 28th 2013, 8:40am

Remember that you will have more radius going downhill and less radius going uphill. No matter sprays or rotors.

How did replacing those sprays with MP1000 affect the water usage? If your max GPM available s 8 for example, your new configuration shouldn't be over 8.

Adding elbows, etc I guess would affect pressure. Check above first.

Javila

Unregistered

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 3:04pm

Thanks for the input!
I ended up replacing the extra elbows that I had added to the system and replaced the last 4 sprinklers. right now the sprinklers seem to be getting the correct radius but I still cannot adjust the radius on them even though I keep rotating the little screw I do not notice much (or any) difference.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 3:26pm

You aren't going to increase the radius with the adjusting screw.

Javila

Unregistered

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 8:50pm

I actually wanted to decrease it. If not with the screw, how?
this is what hunter says:
Factory setting is for full radius, and the radius can be reduced by 25%. With the MP Rotator tool or a small flat bladed screwdriver, rotate the Radius Adjustment Screw:
-Clockwise (4 full turns) to decrease the radius
-Counter-clockwise (4 full turns) to increase the radius
but I do not notice much of a difference.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 8:31am

I use mp3000s and I see a big difference when I turn the screw. Maybe since the mp 1000 have a small radius to begin with there is a smaller difference.

Rate this thread