You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yendis

Friday, March 15th 2013, 12:15pm

Want to add a connection to RainBird system to attach a garden hose.

I want to use my garden hose to attach to the rainbird/well system at my house. I am using 5 of the 6 zones. How can I accomplish this. There are times when I want to use the garden hose and not the system. There is a faucet by the pump but it only gets pressure if the System is on. I want hose water without running one of the 5 zones.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Friday, March 15th 2013, 2:38pm

If the well doesnt have a pressure tank, then there is little you can do. I have installed Hose spigots on a few relay controlled pump systems, but you have to take extreme cautions to do so. First off, a pressure release valve is always on the top of the list of a relay activated pump system. I prefer to set them up so a zone is running while the spigot is activated. If thats not what you want, pressure release valve for sure, a zone valve running just the spigot/s. The biggest problem with running a spigot only, is because you may overwork your pump if you dont use the amt. of water it wants to give you. The best way would be to install a pressure tank. Of course, that opens a can of worms, also.

Rate this thread