You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

argh

Unregistered

Monday, April 8th 2013, 11:35pm

Recommendations on a 4 zone controller?

Here's a list of controllers that I can choose from. I'm looking for one that's easy to program and reliable (e.g. accurate weather sensing). A huge plus would be having an easy to use, highly customizable web based interface and also qualifies on the list.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 7:42am

A Hunter Pro-C with the Solar Sync module will get you there.

If you can't live without web access to your sprinkler system, purchase that as a stand-alone item, and don't worry about any rebates for it.

Mr. Sprinkles

Unregistered

Monday, April 15th 2013, 7:05am

re: Recommendations on a 4 zone controller

Hello. I am brand new to this forum but wanted to reply to your question. It's tough to make a recommendation without knowing about your landscape. That being said, I would feel comfortable suggesting a WeatherMatic ProLine (formerly "SmartLine" controller. They offer a "SmartLink" option which would provide the web-interface you seek.

I only use two controllers for residential installations... PERIOD!

1.) The ProLine "without" the weather station for folks who want a basic controller to replace their old one.

2.) The RainBird ESP-SMT comes standard with a weather station and I feel it is the best value for a weather-based irrigation controller. It doesn't have a web interface, but it's not needed since the weather station (if installed and programmed correctly) will schedule your irrigation with absolute precision.

Good luck, and let us know which controller you wind up with.

Rate this thread