You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Todd

Starting Member

Sunday, March 3rd 2002, 6:52am

Choosing an EZ-Green Sprinkler Fertilization Unit

I am very much interested in purchasing a ez green system. I have a question about how to install it into my present system. I am using a pump with a 1 1/2" output (mainline) then it goes in to four zones, one 1 1/2" valve and the other three are 1" valves. The system is controled by a rainbird controller. I am sure the ez green would have to go between the pump and the valves, but this piece of pipe is 1 1/2". Also each zone runs 1 hour everyday.

If the ez-green was being used every time the sprinkler was on, it would I run out of fertilizer very quickly. I am trying to figure out a way to run each zone just for the purpose of fertilizing say for maybe 10 minutes each day then cycle around to just water for the 1 hour mentioned above.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Todd Eldridge

Sunday, March 3rd 2002, 6:55am

Todd,

You install the EZ-Green unit after the pump outlet and after the backflow prevention device (if you have one) but before the mainline splits up top feed the zone valves. You install a tee in the mainline to allow a 1/2" line to feed the top of the EZ-Green unit. Another 1/2" line comes out of the bottom of the EZ-Green unit and feed back into the mainline just past where you put the first tee. Therefore you install two tees in the mainline altogether which provides a slip stream of the water to pass through the EZ-Green unit (not the entire mainline water flow.). The fertilizer tablets are designed to slowly dissolve over time releasing fertilizer evenly over the property.

<b>We sell three sizes of EZ-Green units: residential unit, commercial unit, and the Golf or Agricultural unit</b> for all your various needs. Below is more info on when to use the various units:

<b>Residential Unit</b>
Dimensions
height: 12"
diameter: 5"
connection taps: 1/2"
Tablet Capacity: 60
Fertilization duration: 6 hrs (approx)
Required water supply: mainline of less than 2" and water flow up to 36 gpm.

Designed for systems with water flow of 36 gpm or less and a main line of 2 inches or less. The unit holds up to 60 tablets, and the amount of tablets used depends on the size of the area to be irrigated. The tablets dissolve over time. The recommended amount is 5 tablets for every 1,000 square feet of irrigated area, to be filled once a month. The unit comes with ½ inch taps and adapters and installation instructions for above or below ground installations. Unit measures 5" x 12" and weighs 2 lbs. and is made of UV resistant high density pre-tested polypropylene with corrosion resistant strainer and silicone o-ring. Rated for temperatures to 125 degrees (52 degrees Celsius) and pressures to 125 psid (8.75 bar).

<b>Commercial Unit</b>
Dimensions
height: 21"
diameter: 6"
connection taps: 1/2"
Tablet Capacity: 100
Fertilization duration: 5 hrs (approx)
Required water supply: mainline of less than 2 1/2" and water flow from 36 gpm to 80 gpm. (water velocity not to exceed 4.7 feet per second.)

Designed for systems with water flow of 36 gpm to 80 gpm and a main line of 2 inches to 2½ inches, not to exceed 4.7 feet per second water velocity. The unit holds up to 100 tablets, and the amount of tablets used depends on the size of the area to be irrigated. These tablets dissolve over time. The recommended amount is 5 tablets for every 1,000 square feet of irrigated area, to be filled once a month. The unit comes with 1/2 inch taps and adapters and installation instructions for above or below ground installations. Unit measures 6" x 21" and weighs 4 lbs. and is made of UV resistant high density pre-tested polypropylene with corrosion resistant strainer and silicone o-ring. Rated for temperatures to 125 degrees (52 degrees Celsius) and pressures to 125 psid (8.75 bar).

<b>Golf Course / Agriculture unit</b>
Designed for golf course and agri-business applications in systems with water flow of more than 80 gpm and a main line of 2 inches or more. The unit holds up to 400 tablets, and the amount of tablets used depends on the size of the area to be irrigated. These tablets dissolve over time. The recommended amount is 5 tablets for every 1,000 square feet of irrigated area, to be filled once a month. The unit comes with 3/4 inch taps , adapters and installation instructions for above or below ground installations. Unit measures 9.5" x 21" , weighs 6 lbs. and is made of UV resistant high density pre-tested polypropylene with corrosion resistant strainer and silicone o-ring. Rated for temperatures to 125 degrees (52 degrees Celsius), burst pressure tested to 400 psi. Pressure release valve on lid. NSF listed, FDA grade.

I hope this helps Please let us know if you need more assistance

Here is the link to review the EZ-Green Sprinkler Fertilization System products:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/shop3/MiscFertilizeEZznGreen_.html

Steve Okelberry
Sprinkler Warehouse

Rate this thread