You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 19th 2002, 11:16am

Rainbird RainCheck

Where do you install the wires on the rainbird raincheck? my neighbor said that i can use lamp wire to connect the wire and the controller together. Is that right?

Friday, March 29th 2002, 7:24pm

You should use 18 or 16 guage wire that is designed for direct burial so that you will not be degraded by the harsh outside elements.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 4:54pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SprinklerWarehouse Irrigator</i>
<br />You should use 18 or 16 guage wire that is designed for direct burial so that you will not be degraded by the harsh outside elements.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I also have the rainbird sensor. I was thinking of possibly mounting it on the side of my roof where there's no gutter for the rain. Where do most people mount these things anyway? Also, I understand you use 18 or 16 AWG wire for the connections. How are these then wired into my controller to control the zones. Sorry, about the nature of the questions, but i'm still just working out the details. Any help appreciated.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Saturday, February 28th 2004, 5:24pm

I now suggest the Hunter Wireless rain sensor. That thing is awesome and requires no wires to the controller but only from the reciever and controller.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Monday, March 1st 2004, 2:47am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RVLI</i>
<br />I now suggest the Hunter Wireless rain sensor. That thing is awesome and requires no wires to the controller but only from the reciever and controller.

Is that compatible with a rainbird controller? Very interesting indeed. How do you know when the batteries are about to die?

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 3:58am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mugentuner</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RVLI</i>
<br />I now suggest the Hunter Wireless rain sensor. That thing is awesome and requires no wires to the controller but only from the reciever and controller.

Is that compatible with a rainbird controller? Very interesting indeed. How do you know when the batteries are about to die?

Anyone??

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 4th 2004, 12:26pm

Sorry....yes it works with most controllers out there. Just so they have the sensor outlet in the controller. If they don't you can still add it do your system.

Rate this thread