You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gorenchan

Tuesday, April 16th 2002, 9:56am

Where to start

I am looking into a system for a new home we have built. I have a well, not city water to run off of. I have taken a pressure reading off of my outside faucet, with 32 PSI of pressure. I also have a flow rate of 6 GPM. These readings are off of 1/2" copper running to the outside. I plan to run the sprinkler off of the main line for the well which is 3/4" copper. Can I assume that I can run a system based on the information I have, or do I have to tap the 3/4" line and see what the pressure is off of that? My well has a pressure tank that has a valve and when that is pressurizing the well, it reads at 52-55 PSI. I am really confused and don't really know where to start??? HELP...

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 16th 2002, 5:26pm

Do you have a well and city water???

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 17th 2002, 2:57am

Not very much water pressure. The flow is about right but I would seriously consider getting a professional to design this system for you or at least the guys at sprinkler warehouse. If you make a mistake in the design the installation will be a waste of time and money.

good luck

Sprinklersolutions.net

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

gorenchan

Wednesday, April 17th 2002, 5:42am

Quoted

Do you have a well and city water???

We only have a well.

daronson

Thursday, April 18th 2002, 4:04am

I am on a well, along with my whole development. The PSI at the pressurizer in the basement cycles between 37-52 PSI. I have not completed the sprinkler installation yet, but MANY of my neighbors have. They have anywhere from 4-6 heads per zone, use rotor heads shooting 25-35' and have NO problems with water pressure.

mplong

Starting Member

Sunday, May 12th 2002, 3:23pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am looking into a system for a new home we have built. I have a well, not city water to run off of. I have taken a pressure reading off of my outside faucet, with 32 PSI of pressure. I also have a flow rate of 6 GPM. These readings are off of 1/2" copper running to the outside. I plan to run the sprinkler off of the main line for the well which is 3/4" copper. Can I assume that I can run a system based on the information I have, or do I have to tap the 3/4" line and see what the pressure is off of that? My well has a pressure tank that has a valve and when that is pressurizing the well, it reads at 52-55 PSI. I am really confused and don't really know where to start??? HELP...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Test the pressure and flow at your main line. I recommend viewing the www.jessstryker.com web site. It has excellant information on designing irrigation systems and is not a resale site - purely informational. Goodluck.

Rate this thread