You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 3rd 2002, 9:05am

Are Surveys necessary?

We did not get a boundary survey (just the useless spot survey required by the lender), and the neighbors in our neighborhood generally agree on where the property lines are. Of course, the friendly neighbors could move, and if there is later a disagreement as to the location of the boundary lines, I don't want to have to relocate any part of my system. My question is: If you're using 180 degree spray heads or rotors, to what degree will some overspray water "behind" the head? In other works, if I place my lines and heads within, say a foot of the supposed boundary line, will the grass behind the heads get any water at all? Or is it important to literally cover every square inch? I understand the need for head to head coverage - I'm just trying to see how close the property line I need to be.

Do most property owners obtain a survey, or do they guess? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

daronson

Tuesday, June 4th 2002, 3:09am

When I bought my new house 2 years ago, I paid the extra $200 for the builder to install rebar at the property corners. for another $200, he would've installed the concrete monuments. These are more or less permanent AND accurate. The little stakes with the red/orange flags eventually get knocked down or broken. Personally, I would have a survey done.

Regarding head placement, I just installed a 55 head system and placed the heads about 1-2' from the property line. If you have head-to-head coverage, and you adjust them to slightly over 180 degrees, they should hit the grass between the property line and the head. Even if they don't get hit with water directly, enough water should be absorbed through the ground from watering the adjacent areas.

Hope this is helpful (and accurate)

Dave

Edited by - daronson on Jun 04 2002 08:11:02 AM

Rate this thread