You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

coach

Starting Member

Friday, August 23rd 2002, 7:46am

Not enough flow

I am a football coach and we had an irrigation system installed on our football field. It is fed from the municipalites water supply. The field is watered by three different zones, basically they are down the hash marks of each side of the field, but broken up into 3 different zones. The problem is the town's pressure is not enough to cover the whole area from the heads at the hash marks to the sideline. They only go about half the distance. The field is 120 yds long and 53 yards wide with the hash marks being about 1/3 the way in from each sideline. Someone has recommended a booster pump, but were wondering what hp and what type of gpm and pressure do we need so we can get full coverage. Any suggestions? The pump could be at field level so there is no head.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 14th 2003, 6:45am

Hi,
I cant help you with the information you have given. I need you to find out a couple more things for me.

1. What is your PSI and GPM now??
2. What type of heads were installed?
3. What nozzle size is in the head?
4. HOw many heads are there per zone?
5. What size pipe was useD? (Look in the valve box, at the pipe after the valve)

Who installed this system? and how long ago!

Please reply!

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread