You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MNGREEN

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 6:01am

Covering a 11' wide area

I am finalizing the design of a sprinkler system and need to cover a 11'wide x 72'long area on one side of the house and 11'wide x 50'long area on the other side of the house (both sides butt up to the neighbors sod).

Question #1:
Assuming sprays are the only option, Toro 570's or Hunter?

Question #2 (the one that troubles me the most)
Do I need to provide heads on both sides of the 11' wide strip directly accross from each other? I know this would give me the true 100% coverage, but I'm not as to how meticulous one has to be about this and would rather do only one side (needless to say).

Any input on these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 8:13am

My advice is to use the TORO 570 for spray, thats what i use on my systems, the only thing is you have to by a specific nozzle. The Hunter company is the Leading manufracture in irrigation produces, and make great quality products, but they havent mastered the nozzle spray on their sprays, the toro 570 is way better. To tell you the truth you dont need them on both sides. Just install Toro 570 on one side, close (but not to close) to the sidewalk or neighbors sod, and install 12' (Brown) Half nozzles and install them about 12 feet apart (give or take a little) also put as many heads as you can on the line based on the GPM flow you have and the nozzle. I think that they take up around 1 (not definate) If you are really REALLY concerned about the heads also on the other side, you install them in a triagnular shaped design. EX. If you have one on one side, space the ohter 12' away but on the other side. And so on and so forth. The Hunter Design Manual (www. hunterindusries.com) has some pictures (i think) but really i wouldnt even bother (its not wide enough for you to do that) Hope that helps

IF you need help with anything else you can ask

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 8:53am

Just a comment. I dont see how rotors would be a good option and I agree with ray except I like hunter nozzles but have not tried toro.

Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 9:07am

Comment to the nozzles. You might want to give the new Rainbird U series nozzles. They are alot better then the older MPR's, and have spray going up and down. I also like Hunter nozzles. I don't have any expirience with Toro, except their controllers, so I can't add anything to their nozzles.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 8:12am

As far as the nozzles i have used, i have only used Hunter and Toro, and my opinion is that the TOROS work alot better, and provide better coverage

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread