You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bobo

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 5:09pm

stickey rotor

I have several rotors that are stickey and refuse to pop up this spring. They will come up if you pull them by hand. The system is 1 yr old. They are Hunter I-20 stainless 4-inch. Any ideas

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 5:24pm

Is there enough pressure to pop them up? Is it resisting to come up when you try to pull it up by hand even with the water on?

bobo

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 6:04pm

There should be plenty of pressure, all of the rest of them come up. If you just tap the sticky ones, they will pop up.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 6:22pm

You probably have debris in the wiper seal. Take the sprinkler out of it's casing, clean it out a little, and try it again, if that doesn't work, you can also get new wiper seals to replace in the sprinklers. Try the first step and let me know what happens.

Thanks,
Alex

Rate this thread