You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, June 30th 2003, 10:58am

install costs

If I was going to install a system for a homeowner what are the normal fees? Put another way, what would you charge for a complete install of a 6 zone basic system with 30 heads?

Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 1st 2003, 12:11pm

Well that really depends, on rotors sprays, how many of each, type of controller,pipe pulling,? type of heads, nozzles, pipe, but an average (i stress average) system cost for about 6 zones can range from about 1600 to 2200. I would normally charge around 1600-1800. Again that depends, on many factors.

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 8:07am

I understand the difficulty in answering this question but that was the type of answer I was looking for. Thanks ray

Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 8:50am

Give me some more infomation on the job over view its self, and then i could give you a more acurate answer

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 9:29am

Actually I dont have a job in mind. I was just wondering about how costs are calculated per job.

Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 3rd 2003, 1:29pm

OHH ok....well there are different ways to go about it, some contractors double or triple the cost for material, some have a standard fee per zone.......a typical system 6 zone would cost anywhere from 1600 to 2200

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 3rd 2003, 6:48pm

That makes sence. I would estimate the material fees to be in the 600 dollar range on a six zone system and triple that to get 1800. How many hours does it take a single person to do an install on a six zone system covering 13000 sq ft? The only systems I have installed are after work and that makes it difficult to estimate the time. Also, assume that we are not hand trenching the pipe but pulling it.

If I had to guess I bet I could do the job in about 20 hours.

Edited by - drpete3 on Jul 03 2003 11:51:33 PM
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, July 4th 2003, 5:45pm

Hey,
Again that depends, on the design, antycomlications, it may take anywhere from a complete day (8-6) or 3 days, depending again on many things. I recently did a 6 zone system, 18 rotors, 32 spray heads, 4 under sidewalks, in one day 8-6 by my self, so it depends but 20 hours seems about rite, Pan about 1-3 days

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Friday, July 4th 2003, 6:28pm

I bet it would also be alot faster if the yard is not yet seeded eh? Ray how long have you been in the business?

Thanks,

Pete
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 5th 2003, 9:45am

Most customers that i have had this season, have re done their house, and want a sprinkler system.....i alsways say dont seed, or sod until after the system is installed because its ALOT easier to install(not really faster)without a lawn, for obvious reasons. BUt its just as easy to install with a puller in a lawn. I have been in the business for 4 years!

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread