You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ash13

Sunday, June 1st 2014, 10:06am

Toro 212 series interval setting not working

I had part of my sprinkler system coverted to a drip system and the timer set for interval every 3 days. It was working for about 2 weeks with no issues. I woke up two days ago and noticed the drip system wasn't on. So I checked the timer and it was still counting down but was flashing. I stop it and tried to set the timer again however any time I try to set interval it only gives be 3 days I can select to start and won't start on those days. I tried switching to the different program and set it there and the same thing happens. Even if I switch the interval to 1 I still have those 3 days to choose from and it still won't start. I checked the DE and there are no days selected to be excluded. So I reset the entire program and the same issue happens when I try to set up an interval setting. Is my timer broken or is there something I haven't done? It works without issue for calendar setting. I haven't tried odd/even.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ashton

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 1st 2014, 12:13pm

Does the drip zone work if you manually run its program? Is it possible you have the drip program overlapping another program?

ash13

Sunday, June 1st 2014, 12:27pm

Thanks for the response. Yes I can run it manually and it works no problem. I switched it to the calendar setting to see if the timer would work and is working fine. I had it timed so it wouldn't overlap the other scheduled times. I even tried to schedule it at the time I was there to see if it was working and it would never turn on with an interval set up. Its just strange because it was working fine the last two weeks. I'm thinking there is something wrong with timer. Are those easy to replace?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 1st 2014, 5:44pm

Hard to say if it needs replacing. I've installed a few TMC 212s over the years but rarely use the interval setting. Unfortunately I don't have one handy to look through to see what might be messed up. If still under warranty you could have it replaced, otherwise use an odd/even schedule and cut back on times by 40% and save the money. Or use the calender and schedule 2 days a week and increase time by 10%, or schedule 3 days a week and decrease by 33%.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Central Irrigation" (Jun 1st 2014, 5:53pm)

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 1st 2014, 6:17pm

Just so I'm clear, in the dE setting, are all days visible? A day is excluded if it is not visible in the dE display.

Rate this thread