You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jfed

Unregistered

Monday, June 9th 2014, 4:13pm

zone won't shut off

I have a Hunter system, about 13 years old. This weekend, I manually set zone 1 to run (from the controller pad). I noticed much later it was still running. I turned the controller to off - still running. I unplugged the controller and took the fuse out and it still kept running. I had to shut the water off to the irrigation system. So the controller and zone 1 have lost the ability to communicate. Where do I start to fix that?

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 9th 2014, 4:23pm

You need to repair or replace the zone 1 valve, so it stops sticking open.

jfed

Unregistered

Monday, June 9th 2014, 4:29pm

ok - thanks. is the valve the piece buried in the box in the ground with the wires sticking out?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 11:49am

You got the idea. Make sure you have the right valve. (color-coded zone wiring will help you here)

Rate this thread