You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 10:30am

Rainbird ESP-M with 10 zones trying to split day watering

I am trying to find a way to program my Rainbird ESP-M so it waters 5 zones on Monday and 5 on Tuesday. Right now it takes about 5 hours to water all of the zones and I am starting it around 3:30am. Trying to break it up to start it later but water half(1-5 && 6-10) on alternate days. Is this possible?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 10:47am

It is possible. Set up program A to water zones 1-5 on your chosen days. Set up program B to water zones 6-10 on the other days. Make sure not to overlap watering times so that program B is trying to water while program A is.

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 12:47pm

It is possible. Set up program A to water zones 1-5 on your chosen days. Set up program B to water zones 6-10 on the other days. Make sure not to overlap watering times so that program B is trying to water while program A is.
If the selector switch stays on program A, will it still run program B or once you program A,B,C they all 3 run at the programmed times?
Game plan would be to
set program A to run zone 1-5 at 5:00am and water deeper(MWF)
Set program B to run zone 6-10 at 5:00am and water deeper (TTS)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 2:34pm

ALL programs operate - remember that and you'll be okay

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 2:43pm

The only time the program switch matters is for programming and MANUAL watering, in which you would need to select a program to water. Like Boots stated, position of program switch is irrelevent for AUTOMATIC watering.

Rate this thread