You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lugnut

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 8:06pm

Pressure Reducing

Not too sure which section to ask this. ..
I am wanting to reduce the pressure of everything downstream regardless of water going through or not. Possibly including it into/with a back flow preventer. Currently its at 80psi and I am looking for 40. I appreciate any help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 9:28pm

80 psi where? Street pressure? At some as-yet-unspecified point in the sprinkler system plumbing?

Turn on each zone, then measure pressure again, zone by zone.

Lugnut

Unregistered

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 12:45am

Pressure Reducing

Thanks for the reply. ..
I am measuring at a hose bib. I have only just begun putting things together, so i can't test the zones yet. I am also measuring this as static pressure. Nothing else is on. It's about 50 psi when a garden hose sprinkler is running on another faucet.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 1:01pm

Sounds like you're gonna need the 80psi static. Install the system as is and worry about reducing pressure later, if need be.

Rate this thread