You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tenchains

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 11:24am

Zone two does not shut off

I bought a new rainbird controller. It was working great. I had not been shutting it off after manually watering. I just let the timer close ot then forgot about it. Well I went to turn it off later and zone two came on and will not shut off except when I shut the water off in the basement. I even put the controller back on station two and ran it for a 3 minute and no change. I checked the connection at the controller and it is in there good. I could use some ideas on how to address this please.

irrigirl

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 12:29pm

irrigirl

How old is the system in the ground?
Did you see anything on the screen of the timer when it was still running?
What is the model of the controller?
You would need to turn the water back on and activate station 2 if it doesn't come on right away. If it doesn't turn off, remove power from the timer if possible. If this doesn't shut it off, remove the wire for station two. If you remove its wire and it shuts off, the timer is the problem. If you remove the wire and it does not shut off, you have a valve issue.
This would mean the valve is staying open without electricity, and the problem is mechanical. Usually this would mean replacing the diaphragm or the valve.

Rate this thread