You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Towelie427

Unregistered

Monday, September 1st 2014, 7:10pm

Orbit 4-valve controller not running valve #1

I have an Orbit 4-valve controller, Model # 57894, that I bought a few months back. Today I was tuning some sprinkler heads and tried to run valve 1 manually, and it would not work. The other three valves came on just fine on both manual and auto. I switched the wire for valve 1 to the slot in the controller for valve 2 and ran that valve manually, and it came on just fine. This controller is kept inside and has worked fine until today. Is there a known fix for this, or do I need to replace the controller completely?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 1st 2014, 8:58pm

If you are saying that the zone 1 valve worked when you switched its wire to the zone 2 terminal, then the controller itself would be suspect.

irrigirl

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 1:32pm

How many valves do you have connected to it?
If you only have three, you can take zone one wire and put it in an empty circuit terminal (1-4). If you don't have any space, your board would have to be repaired or replaced.

DATWHODAT 50

Starting Member

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 8:45pm

orbit station 1 not responding automatically

I just installed a sprinkler system and already having issues with it.The timer I'm using is the Orbit 4 Station system. The valve stations are all Rain Birds. Now when my automatic timer turns on, station 1 DOES NOT activate. Stations 2 & 3 works flawlessly with no issues. I live in Ontario,California and my lawn requires lots of water. Can you please give me some insight on fixing this problem, Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 5th 2014, 2:45pm

Switch wires at the controller between zones 1 and 2, and report back.

Rate this thread